- Serves 6
- 75 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
A very yummy chocolate dessert for cold winter nights.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 60 g Melted butter
- 1/4 cup Nestle chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder extra
- 1/2 cup Firmly packed brown sugar extra
- 1 3/4 cups Boiling water
- 1/4 cup Chocolate chips extra
- Preheat oven to 180c/ 350 f. Grease a 1.5 litre (6 cup) ovenproof dish. Place on baking paper/tray to catch any drips.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a medium bowl, stir in sugar, breaking up any lumps. Whisk milk, egg and butter in a jug and pour mixture into dry ingredients whisking to form a smooth batter.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Pour mixture into dish, smooth the surface.
- Combine sifted extra cocoa and extra sugar in a bowl sprinkle evenly over pudding batter. Gently pour water over the back of a tablespoon over the mixture. Now very carefully add the last of the chocolate chips.
- Bake pudding for 50 mins or until the center is firm. Serve immediately. With whipped cream or ice cream.
I love this but please remember the sauce can be very hot. Please be aware when serving children. My hubby loves this in winter.