- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
I rich chocolaty cake made with cocoa.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 150 grams butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl of electric mixer (or a big bowl if you are using hand mixer)
- Add the butter, water and vanilla. Beat for around 3 minutes on low speed.
- Add the eggs and beat for another three minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into a greased cake tin (or two cake tins) and bake at 180 degrees for around 30-40 minutes.
I serve with cream, ice cream and chocolate topping. Really easy to make and because you use cocoa no issues with melting chocolate!