Something a bit different to just a choc chip biscuit
Ingredients (makes 25 biscuits)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teas vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup dark choc bits
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl. Add the oats, coconut, apricot and pecans and stir until well combined. Make a well in the centre
- Whisk together the melted butter, eggs and vanilla in a small bowl. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Use your hands to roll heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place balls, 5cm apart, on prepared trays. Press 3 choc bits into each ball, then flatten slightly until about 6cm round.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and set aside to cool completely