- Serves 10
- Makes 10
- 5 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
The perfect snack to keep on hand. When you’re craving something sweet in the afternoon to have with a cuppa, these yummy coconut balls will keep you satisfied. Great for the kids lunch boxes as well. With no preservatives, additives or artificial favours this little homemade snack will become a regular treat for your family.
Please watch the video on how to make them here:
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 10 )
- 1/2 cup chopped dried dates (refer hint)
- 1/2 cup chopped organic dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra to coat
- Place the dates, apricots and figs in a bowl. Add the coconut and mix through.
- Place some extra coconut in a separate bowl and using your hands, roll the mixture into small, firm balls and then roll each one in the coconut. Place balls on a plate in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set. When set, store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Hint: Use whole dates and then chop, as they will be sticky and will bind the mixture together.