Coconut Chocolate Avocado Mousse anyone? Yeees please! This healthier version of Chocolate Mousse will have you doing a happy dance!
So thick, rich and creamy, if you didn’t know it was made with avocado, you would never guess! Avocado is really good for you, containing lots of healthy fats and an abundance of vitamins and minerals, and this mousse is a great way to treat yourself to something sweet without feeling too guilty!
Ingredients (makes 4 Small serves)
- 2 Ripe avocados, skin & stone removed
- 50g Cacao Powder
- 125g Maple syrup
- 125ml Good quality coconut cream
- 60ml Cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean extract
- 6 Strawberries chopped (to serve)
- Combine avocado, maple syrup, coconut cream, coconut oil, vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide into serving glasses or glass serving jars. It is very rich, so only a little is needed per serve
- Refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours to chill completely. The longer left, the more firm they will become as the coconut oil will harden
- Decorate with chopped strawberries
The servings in the picture could have easily been split into halves and made to be 4 servings. Its so thick and rich, only a small amount is needed