- Makes 30
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This is one of the easiest recipes for Coconut Biscuits that I've ever made. Quick, with simple ingredients, and not costly either.
Ingredients (makes 30 Biscuits)
- 125 gm Butter
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Coconut
- Pinch Salt
- Extra Sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter & sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in egg.
- Add sifted flour, salt & coconut, and mix well.
- Take teaspoonfuls of mixture, roll into balls, & press flat between hands. Dip top of each biscuit in extra sugar.
- Place biscuits sugar-side up on a greased oven tray, allowing room for spreading. Bake at 180 deg C for 10-15 minutes, until light golden-brown. Cool biscuits on wire rack.
This recipe was my Grandmother's, and she always said that she could make them in her sleep, without the recipe, because she'd made them so often. The biscuits are very light and crisp, and so "more-ish" that it's a strong-willed person that can stop at just one biscuit.