- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
A dairy-free alternative to rice pudding.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 800 ml coconut milk, full fat
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1.5 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 sprinkle of Cinnamon, fresh fruit or toasted coconut flakes as topping (optional)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- Put the rice and coconut milk in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the heat, add the sugar and vanilla extract, and simmer while stirring.
- Once the grains of rice have become swollen and soft the rice pudding is ready. If you are using the raisins then add them now.
- Serve hot, topped with toasted coconut flakes, or serve chilled, topped with ground cinnamon.
This recipe is also available on my blog: ineedafeed.wordpress.com