- Makes 120
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
These biscuits are really scrumptious, and the lemon and ginger provides a balance to the sweetness of the condensed milk. The recipe makes 120 biscuits, which is perfect if you’re looking for something to bake for stalls or fetes.
Ingredients (makes 120 Biscuits)
- 500 gm Butter (softened)
- 220 gm Caster Sugar
- 400 gm Condensed Milk
- 750 gm Self-raising Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Rind (finely grated)
- 1/2 cup Glace Ginger (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line three large oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a very large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the condensed milk, sifted flour lemon rind and ginger in batches. Beat until well combined after each batch.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls, and place balls on prepared trays, about 4 cm apart. Flatten lightly with a fork. Bake for about 10 minutes or until light golden brown, and cool biscuits on trays.
- For the second baking, arrange already cooked biscuits closer together on the trays. Baked these cooled biscuits for a further 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool biscuits on trays, then transfer to a wire rack.
The biscuits are lovely with a little lemon icing drizzled over them, or sandwich two biscuits together with thicker icing. The biscuits can be frozen, as long as they don't have icing on them.