- Makes 40
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
Condensed Milk Cookies are a brilliant quick and easy basic biscuit recipe.
With this Condensed Milk Cookies recipe you can add fruit, chocolate chips, sprinkles. If you like the idea of marbled Condensed Milk Cookies, you could halve the mixture and add a little cocoa powder to one half and then knead the mixture back together. Roll out and then cut into shapes and you’ll have a wonderful vanilla/chocolate marbled cookie.
Keep a batch of this dough in the fridge tightly wrapped in cling wrap. Then anytime you need a few Condensed Milk Cookies, you can simply grab out a chunk, roll and bake.
This dough consistency is great for cutting into shapes and look bright and fun with 100s and 1000s or sprinkles.
Our favourite condensed milk for this recipe is Nestle Condensed Milk – a staple that’s always worth keeping in the pantry.
Tell us what you think of this recipe … how does it compare to your basic biscuit recipe?
Ingredients (makes 40 )
- 500 grams butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 400 gram tin condensed milk
- 5 cups self raising flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease baking trays
- Cream butter, sugar and condensed milk.
- Add the sifted flour and mix well.
- You can either roll out and cut into shapes or spoon tablespoons of the mixture in balls (flatten slightly).
- Bake for around 15 minutes until light golden brown. Be careful not to overcook as the condensed milk an burn.
These Condensed Milk Cookies store and freeze really well. You can also separate the mix to make a variety of biscuits at one time. For example you can split the mixture into three parts and add chocolate to one, ginger or fruit and nuts to another and have the third plain with sprinkles.