This meal is a great summer option. Its light, refreshing and a great way to spice up your usual breakfast routine!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 18 small/med fritters)
- 1 Cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 420g Can Corn Kernels
- 2 Eggs
- 310g Creamed Corn
- Olive Oil Cookin Spray
- 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Spreadable
- 200g Smoked Salmon, sliced
- 1/3 Cup Chives, finely chopped
- Drain corn kernels and leave to sit. Sift flour into large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk in separate bowl until fully combined. Add to flour mixture.
- Add corn kernels, creamed corn and 1/2 the amount of chives to flour mixture. With a large spoon gently fold ingredients together. Remember to be gentle, do not over mix!
- Place frying pan on stove over medium heat until hot. Remove for 30 seconds then line frying pan with olive oil cooking spray. Return to heat.
- Place heaped tablespoons of mixture into pan, three at a time. Make sure to spread mixture to reasonable diameter for each, keeping their rounded shape.
- Cook until fritters begin to bubble on upturned surface. Flip. Cook until fritters for further 1-2 minutes or until firm to touch. The creamed corn will keep fritters quite soft in centre so be sure not to overcook.
- Place on dry clean plate. Wait to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread philadelphia cream cheese on each. Top with 2 slices of smoked salmon.
- Season with leftover chives, salt and pepper. Walluh!!!
This recipe is a great option for breakfast or brunch dates with family or friends. It quick, easy and full of life! You can also try spicing the fritters up with a homemade tomato relish or as a lunch option with a prawn and avocado salad! The options are endless