- Makes 80
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
This is a delicious creamy ravioli with a nice fresh sauce that isn’t too heavy. It takes a bit of effort to put together but the result is well worth it.
Ingredients (makes 80 ravioli, depending on size)
- 2 blocks Cream cheese, softened
- 1 can Imitation crab meat
- 3 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 900g Fresh pasta sheets (Created using the Philips Pasta & Noodle Maker)
- 100g Butter
- 4 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Cups Thickened cream
- 2 Lemon rinds
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
Notes... The filling can be made up a day ahead of time to save a few minutes on the day. The ravioli can also be frozen and cooked later. Because this does make so much I like to use half as actually ravioli with the sauce recipe cut in half and turn the rest into fried ravioli, which is a great appetiser.
- Mix together the cream cheese, crab, shallots, garlic, Worchestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Working with one pasta sheet at a time cut into pieces 8cm wide working down the length of the sheet. Add roughly 2 tsp of the filling mixture of each piece, about halfway up, fold the piece of pasta in half and use a fork to seal the edges all the way around.
- Once the ravioli is sealed lay on a lightly floured surface while completing the rest of the ravioli.
- Boil water in a large stock pot.
- While waiting for the water to boil melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, use whisk to move butter to prevent burning.
- Once the butter has melted add the shallots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add thickened cream and simmer for 3 minutes.
- This is a good point to add the ravioli to your water if the water has begun boiling. The pasta should be cooked for 6-8 minutes and then removed with a slotted spoon to drain.
- While pasta is cooking add lemon rind and garlic to sauce, reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove sauce from heat and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add 6 ravioli to each bowl and spoon about 1/4 cup of the sauce over the top and enjoy.
Recipe Crab ravioli
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.