- Makes 30
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
These cookies are delicious eaten with a strong cup of tea.
Ingredients (makes 30 )
- 150g Plain Flour
- 60g Cocoa
- 1tspn Baking powder
- 200g Caster sugar
- 60g Butter, chilled and diced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tspn Vanilla extract
- 100g Icing Sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 200degrees C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour mixture with fingertips until it clumps and resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Whisk together eggs and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix with large metal spoon until combines. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 30mins.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and roll in icing sugar, tossing well to coat. Place on the baking trays, leaving space for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 mins, or until just set. Allow to cool on tray for 5mins then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will crack on cooling.
Cookies freeze once cooked.