- Serves 12
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This is a super-easy and quick to prepare but very tasty salad that goes incredibly well with BBQ meat and fish.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 8 large Bananas (peeled & sliced)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Coconut
- 3 level teaspoons Curry Powder
- 500 ml Cream
- 2 tablespoons Sultanas
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over sliced bananas in a medium bowl. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Mix curry powder with a couple of tablespoons of cream until mixture is smooth and all the lumps are gone. Add to the bananas with the remainder of the cream, coconut and sultanas. Mix gently but thoroughly, to ensure all ingredients are well combined, taking care not to break up the bananas.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
If you want to jazz this salad up a bit, consider adding some chopped walnuts to the mix. Also lovely if you want to substitute some diced apple, celery and hard-boiled egg for some of the bananas. My sister has also made it with some cooked diced bacon added to it, which was seriously yummy.