- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
1make this for the family when we feel like have some heart filled soul food and sit around watching movies after.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g Chicken
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 tbs Butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Use a large frying pan, cook diced chicken, mushrooms and onion until cooked through.
- Move chicken mix to side of frying pan. On the other side of the pan, melt butter and stir in flour until a paste is formed.
- Add milk slowly, stirring continuously until it forms a sauce like consistency.
- Stir chicken and milk mixes together. Add grated cheese and stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta.
I sometimes also add 1/2 cup of grated parmesan to give it even more of a kick.