- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
An easy way to use up left over rice.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1.5 cups left over cooked rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tabs butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 serve berries to top.
- Mix rice, 1.5 cups of milk and salt in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook and stir until thick and creamy (about 15-20mins).
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup milk, egg and sugar and stir continuously.
- Continue cooking until the egg has set (2-3 mins).
- Remove from heat and stir through butter and vanilla extract. Top with berries and serve.
You can use any milk you like with this recipe. Also, mix it up by adding different fruit toppings. You can mash a banana and avocado as well and stir it through the rice too.