- Serves 8
- 2.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This crispy crackly pork belly is delicious and my son’s favourite.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 kg pork belly
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp tablesalt
- 2kg Sebago potatoes (or any mashing potatoes), peeled and chopped
- 100g butter
- ¾ cup (185ml) milk
- ¼ cup horseradish
- 1 Tbsp (20mls) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g baby spinach
- to taste salt and ground white pepper
Notes... Tip: All ovens differ, so if you find the crackling isn’t crunchy enough, simply place under a hot grill for 1–2 mins until blistered and crisp.
- Preheat the oven to 230C fan-forced/250C conventional. Dry the skin of the pork belly, then using a sharp knife, score the skin at 1–2cm intervals (or ask the butcher to do this). Pour the oil and salt onto the scored skin and rub in well.
- Lay the pork skin side up onto a wire rack in a baking dish and place into the oven. Cook for 45 mins, then reduce the temperature to 140C fan-forced/160C conventional and roast for 1 hr 15 mins until the pork is tender. Rest for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender. Drain and place back into the pot over a low heat. Add the butter and milk and mash until smooth. Add the horseradish and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the spinach, heat the olive oil with the garlic in a large pan over medium high heat for 1 min. Add the spinach and toss for a few minutes until just wilted. Season to taste. To serve, cut the pork belly into portions and serve with the horseradish mash and sautéed spinach.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.