- Serves 4
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
An interesting twist on enjoying Golden® Crumpets with Oats. I love fruit and yoghurt for breakfast but sometimes find it’s not quite filling enough. A sprinkle of this Crumpet Crumble and my tummy’s happy until lunchtime … my kids are now racing me to the Crumpet Crumble every morning!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Golden® Crumpets with Oats finely chopped into cubes
- 2 tbs Dessicated Coconut
- 4 tbs Mixed Nuts (I used chopped almonds, walnuts & pecans)
- 1 tbs Chia Seeds
- 1 tbs Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tbs Brown Sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- Place a non-stick frypan onto a low heat and add coconut oil
- Once the coconut oil has heated through, add the finely chopped Golden® Crumpets with Oats and continuously toss in the pan until lightly toasted and golden brown (make them as crispy as you like by cooking for longer).
- Add all other ingredients and continue to toss/stir so that nothing burns. Don't get tempted to turn up the heat to hurry it along or it will burn.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container in the pantry. Lasts for 3 - 4 days.