- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This delicious low-fat crumbed chicken recipe is the perfect alternative to drive-through chicken options that won’t blow the calorie budget.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- ⅓ cup macadamia nuts finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 4 x 125g flattened skinless chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Place corn flakes in a plastic bag then using a rolling pin crush finely. Add nuts and stock powder into bag and shake, tip onto a flat plate.
- Using a fork, beat egg white and milk. Dip flattened breasts in egg mixture, then coat each side of chicken with crumbs.
- Place on a flat baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray, spray over top of chicken and bake 25-30 minutes or until cooked and coating is golden brown.
Variation: For an even lower fat count omit macadamia nuts and add ½ cup more corn flakes to crumbs.