Great party food & a fun way to get the children involved in baking.
Ingredients (makes 12 Cupcakes)
- 150 grams Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Self raising flour, sifted
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup Additional butter, softened for icing
- 1 1/2 cups Sifted icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons Orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine orange zest
- 1/2 cup M&M'S
- 1/2 cup Smarties
- 1/4 cup Chocolate sprinkles
- 12 Cupcake cases
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Place butter, sugar, self raising flour, eggs & vanilla in mixing bowl & mix with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Spoon into cupcake shells.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Combine additional butter for icing, icing sugar, orange juice & zest & mix well until smooth with no lumps. Once cupcakes are cool, ice with icing & top with lollies.
I had help with the little ones making these. You can top cupcakes with whatever you desire & choose your own icing, my little one loves orange icing.