- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
These curried deviled eggs are quick, easy and delicious!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Black & Gold mayonnaise
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Boil your kettle.
- Fill a pot with the boiling water.
- Add vinegar.
- Carefully prick a hole in each egg, and lower into the pot using a spoon. Stir gently.
- Boil on the stove for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and drain.
- Fill the pot with cold tap water.
- Peel while still slightly warm, and cut in half lengthways.
- Gently scoop out the yolks and mash them with a spoon.
- Add 2 Tbsp mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp (or more to taste), of curry powder, and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into egg yolk divots and refrigerate until needed, or serve immediately, if you wish.
The vinegar will affect the colour and texture of your egg shells. This is totally normal, it dissolves them a bit to make them easier to peel. If you prefer a creamier yolk texture, you can add up to 1 tsp milk, and pipe your mixture into your egg whites. It is easiest to prepare the yolks while your eggs are slightly warm, as they are malleable and easier to maneuver. Once peeled, the eggs cool quite rapidly, so try to work quickly. It is easier to fill the whites if you refrigerate them while you mix your yolks, but not 100% necessary. Enjoy!