- Makes 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A dairy free, soy free, egg free and nut free vanilla cupcake. The last two ingredients in asterisk (*) may help the cupcakes to rise better. The pictured cupcakes are without these ingredients.
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes)
- 1/4 cup melted Nuttelex Original butter (or vegetable oil)
- 1 1/2 cups rice milk
- 2 cups Orgran self raising flour
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla pod seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder *
- 1 tablespoon vinegar *
- Preheat oven at 180C (or lower if forced fan). Line tray with cupcake papers.
- Scrape vanilla pod for its seeds. Melt the Nuttelex butter. Pour the rice milk into a mixer bowl. Stir in the butter. Add all remaining ingredients and beat at low speed for about 1 minute until well combined.
- Pour mixture into cupcake papers up to about 2/3 full. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until cupcake is 'springy'. Leave in tray to cool.
For those with vanilla pod seeds allergy, feel free to use other ingredients such as pumpkin, creamed corn, etc