- Makes 16
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
These date and walnut choc balls are a hit in any household that is trying to reduce the amount of sugar and processed foods. Very simple and super quick to make.
Ingredients (makes 16 balls)
- 3/4 cup Walnuts
- 1 cup Dessicated Coconut
- 1 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Mayver's All Natural Peanut Cacao Spread
- 1/4 cup Toasted Coconut Chips, finely crushed/chopped
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes then drain water and set aside.
- Using the large bowl on your food processor, whiz together the walnuts, cashews, 3/4 cup of the dessicated coconut and the chia seeds.
- Once this resembles fine breadcrumbs, stop the food processor and add the Mayver's All Natural Peanut Cacao Spread, the vanilla extract and the dates.
- Whiz together until the mixture comes together in clumps.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup dessicated coconut and the finely chopped toasted coconut chips together and place in a cereal sized bowl.
- Roll the chocolate mixture into small balls (smaller than a golf ball) and then coat in the coconut mixture.
- Place all balls in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Everyone in our house has a sweet tooth and I'm doing everything I can to reduce the amount of processed sugar we are eating. This recipe is quite healthy and all organic (if you buy the organic ingredients) so I'm quite happy for the kids to enjoy these as a treat. They are actually really filling as an after school snack with a glass of milk and keep the kids satisfied for ages.