- Makes 12
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
This Date Slice is a firm favourite in our house now and perfect to whip up for anything really.
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 90 grams Butter
- 4 Weet-bix
- 1 cup Chopped dates
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar to decorate
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease an 18 x 28 cm pan and line with baking paper.
- Place butter, Weetbix, dates, sugar, bicarb soda and water in a bowl. Mix well until combined and allow to cool.
- Stir in egg, flour and walnuts pour into pan and smooth over top with a knife.
- Cook for 25-30 mins and cool slice in pan.
- Remove from pan cut into slices and dust with icing sugar.