- Serves 12
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
Moist dark chocolate mud cake filled with choc-swirled cream and drizzled with a dark chocolate ganache. Without being overly rich, this stunning dessert cake is the perfect indulgence for any special occasion.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 200g butter, chopped
- 375g NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE dark chocolate melts
- 1 ¾ cups caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- Some White and dark chocolate curls/flakes to decorate
- 600mls cream
Notes... This is an easy mud cake recipe with impressive results!
- Grease three 18cm round cake pans, lining the base and sides with baking paper. Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Combine butter, 150g NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE chocolate melts, sugar and milk in a saucepan, stirring over low heat, without boiling, until smooth. Transfer mixture to large bowl and let the mixture cool.
- Whisk sifted flours into the mixture, then stir in essence and eggs. The mixture will be a smooth, runny consistency.
- Pour mixture into the cake pans and bake for 50 mins.
- Turn cakes onto a wire rack to cool. Trim tops of cakes to level (if required).
- Place the cake base on a serving plate. Spoon half of the chocolate swirled cream over the cake. Repeat with another cake layer and the remaining chocolate cream. Top with the remaining cake layer.
- Spread top with dark chocolate ganache and decorate with white and dark chocolate curls/flakes.
- Dark chocolate ganache: Melt NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE dark chocolate melts and ½ cup cream in microwave for 1min. Repeat until mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Chocolate swirled cream: Whisk remaining cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold ¼ cup of cooled dark chocolate ganache through whipped cream to create a swirled effect.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.