- Serves 12
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Black forest – almost mud cake style!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 2 (425g) tins pitted cherries in syrup
- 100g dark chocolate
- 165g butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 60ml cherry brandy
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 Tbsp self-raising flour
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- Drain both tins of cherries and keep 1/2 cup of syrup.
- Place cherries and syrup in a blender to puree.
- Pour puree into a pot with dark chocolate, butter, brown sugar and cherry brandy.
- Melt over medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Take off heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Once combined, crack in the egg and mix well.
- Spoon even amounts into a lined or greased muffin tray.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes at 180 degrees C.