- Makes 20
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This delicious Choc Peppermint Slice is a ‘fresh’ tasting slice my whole family loves.
Ingredients (makes 20 decent size pieces)
- 250g sweet biscuits crushed (milk arrowroot, Marie etc)
- 3/4 tin sweetened condensed milk (skim works well)
- 100g butter (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1-2 drops peppermint essense
- 200g block of peppermint chocolate (broken into pieces) * I use the peppermint chocolate with the runny centre but it also works with peppermint Aero
- 150g white chocolate
- 3-4 drops green food colouring (optional)
Notes... The 1.5 hours time includes cooling and setting - you may find it take a little longer.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor (or with a masher or rolling pin) and place in large mixing bowl (doesn't need to be too fine).
- Sift the cocoa into the bowl.
- Melt the butter, peppermint chocolate and condensed milk in a saucepan over a very low heat, mixing until smooth.
- Pour warm chocolate mixture onto the biscuits and mix well. Add two drops of peppermint essence (more if you like it really pepperminty!)
- Line a slice pan with baking paper and spread mixture evenly and set aside to cool (you can put it in fridge but not necessary).
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave on low, stirring regularly. Pour over cooled slice.
- Add a couple of drops of green food colouring to the white chocolate and swirl with a skewer for a marbled effect. *The slice in the photo didn't have the marbled/swirl effect - possibly because it was a really hot day and it all blended into one.
- Refrigerate until just set (tacky to touch rather than too hard) I find it needs at least an hour.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.