This Detox Fruit Granola Recipe makes a brilliant breakfast for the whole family. A great recipe you can make ahead of time.
Ingredients (makes 12 serves)
- 4 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Unprocessed Wheat Bran
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Dried Pears or Apples
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Dates
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Crystalised Ginger
- Preheat oven to 165 Degrees C Combine the oats and bran on a large baking sheet.
- In a small pan over medium heat, stir in the canola oil, maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract. When the mixture begins to bubble, pour it over the oat mixture and mix well.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Add the almonds and stir the mixture thoroughly. Continue to bake until the oats and almonds are lightly toasted, about 10 minutes more, stirring again halfway through.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients
- Bake until the oats are crisp, about 5 minutes longer. Remove the pan from the oven, and stir the mixture. Let the granola cool for 5 minutes, the stir again
- Note: When the granola is completely cool, you can store it in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks