- Serves 6
- Makes 6
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
This Dilmah Chilled Pea And Avocado Soup With Moringa, Chilli, Cocoa and Cardamon is ready in a flash and packed with flavour!
If you are a fan of chilled soups, this Dilmah Chilled Pea And Avocado Soup With Moringa, Chilli, Cocoa and Cardamon definitely needs to be added to your recipe book.
This recipe is very easy to make and would suit a light lunch or an appetiser for dinner with friends.
We are absolutely in love with the idea of infusing so many flavours into this recipe by way of Dilmah tea! And because the flavours are all neatly stored inside the tea bags which are kept ultra fresh in foil, the flavours burst through!
The recipe for Dilmah Chilled Pea And Avocado Soup With Moringa, Chilli, Cocoa and Cardamon is simple yet so flavoursome.
The Tea Bags used in this recipe are Dilmah Moringa, Chilli, Cocoa and Cardamon.
In the tasting notes from Dilmah, we discover that this is a natural herb and spice infusion filled with Red Rooibos, Moringa, Chilli, Cocoa and Cardamon; a minty blend of sweet and savoury spices that is delicious in taste and potent in wellness… enjoyed hot or iced!
Look for them at Coles, IGA or Online at Dilmah.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 6 Bowls)
- 1 slice Stale Rustic Bread
- 500g Fresh Peas shelled (or frozen peas defrosted)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Ripe Avocados, peeled, halved and destoned
- 50g Pea Shoots plus extra to serve
- 8 Dilmah Moringa, Chili, Cocoa and Cardamon Tea Bags
- Small bunch Mint, leaves picked
- Small bunch Parsley, stalks trimmed
- 600mL Vegetable Stock
- To Taste Sherry Vinegar
- Plain Greek Yoghurt, to serve
- Olive Oil, to serve
- Crusty Bread, to serve
- Bring the vegetable stock to the boil in a saucepan. Take off the heat and add the tea bags and allow to infuse for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and allow the stock to cool completely.
- Place the slice of rustic bread into a bowl and spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the stock over the bread and leave it to soften.
- If you are using fresh peas, blanch them in boiling water for 3 minutes then quickly drain and rinse well under cold water until the peas are completely cold.
- Once the stock is completely cool, add to a blender or food processor along with the peas, garlic, cucumber, avocados, shoots, herbs and the wet bread and blitz until completely smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add a teaspoon of sherry vinegar (or more depending on taste).
- Chill for at least 30 minutes then serve between 6 soup bowls. Garnish with a dollop of yoghurt, a swirl of olive oil, some chilli flakes and serve with crusty bread.