This raw lemon tart from Trupps’ Cooking School is sweet, tangy and decorated with pomegranates and coconut – perfect for an Australian summer! Developed by nutritionist Dorota Trupp, this is one of the healthiest desserts you can make being made of dense, nutritious ingredients, fresh fruit and minimal sweetener.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, dry coconut
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or liquid sweetener of your choice
- 2 cups pine nuts, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup dried large flake unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- To make the crust: Place the cashew nuts, unsweetened dry coconut and agave nectar (or liquid sweetener of your choice) in the food processor. Process until well ground.
- Pat into 7″ cake ring.
- Filling method: Place pine nuts, coconut oil, lemon juice and honey in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest and pulse once or twice to blend.
- Pour over crust. Top with flaked coconut.
- Refrigerate for three hours.
- Dress the tart with coconut, berries or pomegranate seeds.