- Serves 10
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This is a slightly different take on the traditional Lattice Custard Slice, and it's just as easy to make. It can be made the day before you want to serve it, which is very handy when you're entertaining.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1 packet Lattice Biscuits
- 125 gm Butter
- 125 gm Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 tablespoon Hot Water
- 1 teaspoon Gelatine Powder
- Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Then add sugar and beat well. Add lemon juice and vanilla essence and mix in.
- Pour hot water into a heat-proof bowl, add the gelatine quickly and stir briskly until dissolved. Leave to one side to cool slightly.
- Add dissolved gelatine to cream cheese mixture. Beat again, ensuring it's well combined and smooth.
- Line a 20cm x 20 cm square baking tin with baking paper and make a base using half the lattice biscuits.
- Spread with half the mixture, then cover with a layer of the remaining biscuits. Top this with the remaining mixture and sprinkle with shaved chocolate, slivered almonds or pecans.
- Refrigerate for half an hour to set.
If you really want to add pizzazz to this dessert, drizzle it with a little maple syrup or chocolate sauce before serving, and add a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream.