- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This is a great dish for weekend brunch, or for a light lunch. It also goes down well in lunch-boxes or at picnics, as it can also be eaten cold.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 Large Bread Rolls
- 2 slices Ham (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Tasty Matured Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley (finely chopped)
- Cut the top third off the rolls and scoop out most of the bread. Keep the tops of the rolls to make "lids".
- Line each roll with some baby spinach, and add 1/2 slice of the chopped ham. Place a little grated cheese in the rolls. Crack an egg into each roll and sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes, adding the top of the rolls after 10 minutes.
You can make these with bacon if you prefer, or tuna or chicken. I usually add some onion, a little chilli and a sprinkle of mixed herbs.