- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This adorable Easter recipe, by dietitian Susie Burrel, is made with Mayver’s Probiotic Super Peanut Butter for a super-food boost.
Sweet chocolate bunnies and egg hunts are a fast track to sugar highs and upset stomachs, especially when a typical chocolate egg contains approximately 9-10g of sugar (RDI for an adult is 30g, and 23g for children).
Susie Burrell says that this means that adults and children only need to eat three chocolate eggs to max out their daily recommended sugar intake.
As a parent Susie knows that it can be difficult to monitor how much chocolate your children eat throughout the day, so looking at low sugar alternatives like dark chocolate or protein rich treats that have a 100% natural peanut butter in them, will help to slow down the snacking.
Susie’s tips for enjoying a healthier Easter:
- Be aware of how much sugar is in each Easter treat
- Mix treats with a 100% natural protein source like Mayver’s Peanut Butter
- Prepare your own Easter sweets
- Collect Easter eggs and redistribute evenly
- Wait until later in the day before indulging in sweets
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra to coat
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Mayver’s Probiotic Super Peanut Butter
- 100g white chocolate melts
- 12 pink mini marshmallows, cut in half diagonally
- 12 white mini marshmallows, cut in half lengthways
- 24 candy eyes
- 12 pink mini candies
- 12 patty pans
- Place the quick oats, coconut, honey, cocoa power and peanut butter in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until evenly combined.
- Roll mixture into 12 small balls. Place in the refrigerator to firm.
- Meanwhile, prepare decorations and melt white chocolate according to packet instructions.
- Remove balls from refrigerator one at a time to create the bunnies. Place a skewer in the bottom of a ball and hold onto the skewer as you coat the ball in chocolate. Place ball in patty pan and remove skewer. Press 2 pink marshmallow halves into the top of the ball for the ears, press 1 half white marshmallow into the back for a tail, place two candy eyes on the front and add the candy nose. Sprinkle a small amount of coconut over. Repeat with remaining 11 balls.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.