The kids will get a thrill out of seeing these cute bunnies on their plates this Easter! Very easy, but very effective fun way to serve pancakes!
Ingredients (makes 10 bunny pancakes)
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 2 TBS Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 TBS Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 30 Small chocolate chips
- 10 Small pink baking marshmallows cut in halves
- 5 Large white marshmallows cut in half
- Desiccated coconut
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg, vanilla and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Working in batches, start by making small circles approximately 6cm in diameter. These will be the heads, and you will need to make 10. Cook on one side until bubbles appear and then flip. Cook until golden brown. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Next working in batches again, make 10 slightly larger (9cm) circles, and repeat the cooking process until golden brown. Set aside
- Now you need to make the ears and the feet. You will need 20 ears and 20 feet. I find these are easier to shape if you have an empty sauce bottle with the thin nozzle at the top. Fill with the batter, draw your outline and then fill in with mix.
- Once all heads, bodies, feet and ears have been made, assemble the bunnies onto serving plates. Start by putting a head and ears down, then a body and feet. Place 3 choc chips on each foot and one half of a pink marshmallow. For the tail, dip the cut, sticky side of the white marshmallow into the coconut, and then place onto the bunny