- Serves 12
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Perfect school holidays entertainment cooking with kids
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 2 Cups S R Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 125g Butter Melted and cooled
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Cocoa
- 1 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 125g Butter
- 1 tbsp Milk
- A few drops Green Food Colouring
- 1 packet Easter Eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. In a jug combine melted butter, eggs, vanilla and milk. Pour in to the well and gently fold through the mixture until combined.
- Add 2 tbsp of the plain white cake butter to each liner reserving the rest. One finished add cocoa powder to remaining mixture and stir to combine. Then place heaped tablespoons in to each cup cake. Get a knife and gently swirl the batter to give a marble effect. Pop in the oven and bake for 12-15 mins.
- Once cooked remove from oven and let them completely cool. Meanwhile, place butter in a bowl. Beat until pale and creamy. Slowly add icing sugar and beat after each addition. Add milk and food colouring and beat until combined.
- When cakes are completely cool. Ice with your green icing and place eggs on top for decoration. Enjoy.
Tip: Make sure cakes are cool before icing or it will melt.