- Serves 4
- Makes 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
What’s the easiest dinner that the whole family will eat? It has to be this air-fryer baked potato recipe.
Forget turning the oven on, this is the simplest way to bake potatoes, and you’ll end up with deliciously soft, and slightly crisp on the outside potatoes. Once they’re done, cut them open and fill with your favourite filling.
Air-Fryer Baked Potato Topping Ideas
There are so many different ideas for baked potato toppings (and if you’ve got more, please share them below) but these are just a few of our favourites:
- Cheese and sour cream – an old favourite that never disappoints, add a little butter for extra luxury
- Bacon and chives – the addition of smoky bacon makes this a delicious dinner
- Baked beans and cheese – is it breakfast? No, it’s dinner with a twist
- Leftover bolognese sauce – there’s always a little bit of bolognese sauce left and it works perfectly with baked potatoes and lashings of cheese
- Taco mince – just like a taco, but on a potato! Add the taco mince, grated carrot, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, cheese and even lettuce
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 )
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons, vegetable oil
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, to taste
- After scrubbing the potatoes until clean, pat dry with paper towel. Rub each in a little of the vegetable oil, and season with salt and pepper. There is no need to prick the potatoes. Leaving them keeps them fluffy and moist inside.
- Place the potatoes into the air-fryer and cook at 190&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;ordm;C for 40 minutes. Once done, use a sharp knife to check that they are tender. If there is still some resistance, cook for a further 5 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.
Notes: If you need to cook more than 4 potatoes, you can add them into the air-fryer basket. You may need to cook longer. If you're using smaller potatoes, cook for less time. No need to prick the potatoes, or cover them in foil.