- Makes 1
- 80 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This Easy Apricot Cake is bursting with flavour and is really easy to prepare. Try this today and serve with cream or ice cream … it’s bound to become a family favourite.
Ingredients (makes 1 9” cake)
- 800grams Fresh apricots
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 115 grams Butter , room temperature
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 4 Eggs
- 250 grams Plain flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg. Grease a 9 inch springform cake tin
- In a blender, purée half the apricots with lemon juice.. set aside
- Quarter remaining apricots and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs , one at a time mixing well. Then add vanilla and mix well
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder , salt and cinnamon
- Add to egg mixture and mix until just combined
- Add puréed apricots to batter and mix until combined
- Pour batter into prepared tin. Distribute remaining apricots evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake 55-60 minutes until skewer inserted into cake comes out clean Serve sprinkled with icing sugar
This Easy Apricot Cake is good cold with a tea or coffee or served with cream or ice cream as a dessert.
Recipe Easy Apricot Cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.