- Makes 1
- 5 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Love this when you get fresh basil out of the garden, and its perfect on bruschetta!
Ingredients (makes 1 cup)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 Cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- pinch Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. (If you are using walnuts instead of pine nuts and they are not already chopped, pulse them a few times first, before adding the basil.) Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve with pasta, or over baked potatoes, or spread over toasted baguette slices.