A quick and easy version of chilli con carne.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed or minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can tomatoes with the juice
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (more if you want hotter chilli)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Fry the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add the mince and cook until well browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Once boiling reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
I used to have this a lot when I was trying to loose weight as it is around 300 calories per serve. Great with rice or on tacos.