- Serves 8
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 180g plain biscuits, crushed
- 125g butter, melted
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease a 23cm flan tin.
- . Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl, mixing well; press into the base and sides of the prepared tin. Refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, beat together Sweetened Condensed Milk, egg yolks, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pour into prepared base.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually beat in sugar until dissolved. Spoon meringue over filling. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold.
if you want to cheat with the pastry I sometimes defrost a shortcrust sheet or puff pastry sheet from the freezer and then just make the filling and the merignue, still makes a decent pie!