- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
A really simply recipe that uses what is leftover in the fridge and encourages everyone to eat their veggies.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (carrots, potato, sweet potato, celery, broccoli, onion - whatever is on hand))
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 2 slices cheese (I use Tasty but you can use feta or what you prefer)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Cut all vegetables into same size cubes/pieces. Add some salt and pepper or a stock cube or curry for a deeper flavour (optional)
- Steam until soft
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into four squares (this will make four pasties, if you want a bigger pastie just use one full sheet)
- Put spoonfuls of the veggie mixture onto the puff pastry. Add cheese on top.
- Fold the pastry sheet and crimp the edges to seal. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (you can egg wash before adding the sesame seeds too)
- Bake until puffed and golden. As the filling is already cooked you are really only cooking the pastry.
You can endlessly alter this simple recipe by adding different vegetables (seasonal) and also by adding meat (ham, chicken, beef) or cheese (tasty, mozzarella, feta, parmesan).