Beef Fajitas are so ideal for a weeknight dinner when you want something healthy and fast as there is minimal preparation, it’s ready in under 40 minutes and its all on the one tray, so hardly any dishes! This is a family favourite in our home!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g Rump steak sliced against the grain into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 Red capsicum, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Green capsicum, , sliced into thin strips
- 1 Yellow capsicum, , sliced into thin strips
- 8 Corn or flour tortillas
- Lime wedges and Coriander to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°c. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir until evenly mixed.
- In a separate large bowl, add steak, onions and capsicums. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with minced garlic and mix everything until it is evenly coated in oil and garlic. Sprinkle seasoning mix over everything, and mix again until everything is evenly coated.
- Line a large baking tray with foil. Lay all the vegetables and meat onto the lined baking tray . Try your best to keep it to a single layer with no overlap.
- Cook for about 12-20 minutes or until steak reaches desired doneness and vegetables are cooked but still crisp.
- Warm the tortillas up in the microwave, top with the meat and vegetables
- Serve with lime wedges, fresh coriander and any other toppings you desire.