- Serves 12
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A quick and easy dish to make if unexpected guests drop by for a drink and nibbles. Very popular at parties and bbq’s.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 500 gm Tasty Matured Cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons Pickled Gherkin (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Mustard Pickle
- 1 Brown or Red Onion (finely diced)
- Pinch Pepper and Salt
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise of choice
- 1 cup Walnuts (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Parsley (finely chopped)
- In a large bowl, mix cheese, gherkin, mustard pickle, onion, and salt & pepper to taste. Add mayonnaise, a tablespoon at a time, and mix well to achieve a spreading consistency.
- Shape the mixture into a ball with your hands, on a serving plate. Coat the cheese with the walnuts and parsley.
- Serve with savoury biscuits and vegetable crudites.
This is so more-ish, and even easy enough for the kids to make. And you can add just about anything that takes your fancy to the mixture. Well-drained & chopped pineapple with ham, dried fruits & nuts, mettwurst & olives, sun-dried tomatoes & corn, you name it & you can add it.