This is very easy rice dish suits for weekday dinner or lunch. You can freeze it if there’s leftovers.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups rice
- 1/4 brown onion, diced
- 1/4 capsicum, diced
- 1/3 carrot, diced
- 100g cabanossi or sausage
- 80g prawns (or frozen prawns, defrost and drain)
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, defrost and drain
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 10g butter
- salt and pepper
- dried parsley (chopped fresh parsley)
- Cut the vegetables. Wash the rice under cold water and put in the inner pot. Add water to the level corresponding to 2 cups of rice (If you use frozen prawns or frozen mixed vegetables, use a little bit less water)
- Add chicken stock powder, salt and pepper into the pot and stir through.
- Place the vegetables, cabanossi and prawns in the pot. Place the butter in the centre.
- Close the lid and select the RICE program in pressure cooking. Press START.
- When finish cooking, remove lid, add frozen peas, cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix together, top with parsley and serve.