- Makes 25
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
This is an easy delicious biscuit recipe I make all the time. Makes over 20 smaller biscuits . Great snack with a glass of milk!! Also can freeze the dough and use later. Just pop the frozen dough into a plastic sandwich bag and place in hot water until dough softens
Ingredients (makes 25 )
- 180 GRAMS BUTTER-SOFTENED
- 1 CUP CASTER SUGAR
- 1 EGG
- 2 CUPS PLAIN FLOUR
- 1/2 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- Preheat oven 170 degrees- line a baking tray with grease-proof paper
- In a bowl, Beat butter & sugar until combined
- Add egg to mixture & mix well
- Gradually add plain flour & baking powder and mix well.
- Roll dough mixture into balls ; small - medium sized is what i have done - or larger balls to make bigger biscuits.
- Place onto baking tray and press each dough ball gently with a fork.
- Pop in the oven for about 8-12 mins depending on the sizes of biscuits!
- Enjoy! Eat while hot out of the oven or store in an airtight container for up to 10 days
Add choc chips to make choc chip cookies