- Serves 8
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This is my mum’s recipe, which was a family favourite as I was growing up. Good hot or cold, this pie is also able to be frozen.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 3 Eggs
- 250g Diced Bacon
- 1 Small Brown Onion
- 125mL Milk/Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup Grated Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Spray/grease pie dish with cooking spray/butter. Line dish with puff pastry, trimming edges to fill any gaps.
- Chop onion and cook in a hot frying pan with bacon. Cook until onion is clear and soft, and bacon is browned or crisp. If adding any other vegetables, do so at this point. Pour cooked bacon and vegetables into bottom of the pie, spreading evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour mixture evenly over bacon and vegetables, before topping with grated cheese.
- Cook pie for 30 minutes or until golden on top. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving with either a salad or vegetables.
I usually add other vegetables to this pie. You can use mushroom, peas, corn, tomato, capsicum or even zucchini...in fact, if you grate the vegetables up finely enough, it's a great source of sneaking those extra veggies on to your child's dinner plate!