- Makes 12
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
Serve for breakfast
Ingredients (makes 12 servings)
- 3 cups stuffing
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees and put rack in the middle. Coat a 12-well muffin pan generously with butter and place it on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Place the stuffing and 1 cup of the cheese in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Pulse until only pea-sized pieces of stuffing remain, about 15 (1-second) pulses.
- Divide the stuffing mixture evenly among the wells of the prepared pan (about 2 heaping tablespoons per well). Using your fingers, press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of each well. Bake until browned around the edges, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the baking sheet with the muffin pan to a wire rack. Crack an egg into each stuffing cup and season with salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle the eggs with the remaining cup of cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the eggs are just set, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer the muffin pan to a wire rack and let it sit for 5 minutes. Run a small knife around the edge of each well to loosen and remove the stuffing cups. Serve immediately.