- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
With layers of cheese and eggplant, this hearty dish is perfect for winter.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced
- 1 large jar passata
- 150g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 250g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 200°C and grease a deep baking dish.
- Heat a frypan over high heat. Spray both sides of the eggplant with oil and grill in batches until charred and tender. Put aside on a plate.
- Place one-third of the eggplant over base of the dish. Layer one third of the pasta sauce, parmesan and mozzarella. Repeat layers with the remaining eggplant, sauce, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Top with breadcrumbs and spray with oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes uncovered or until bubbling around the edges and golden. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.