- Serves 2
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 8 Ingredients
A classic Sunday breakfast in our house. We fry our eggs as it’s easier than poaching.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 English muffin
- 2 slices ham
- 1 Serve: Hollandaise sauce:
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 g of cooled melted butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Make the hollandaise sauce first: Blitz vinegar and egg yolks in a food processor. With motor running, then slowly add add the butter in a thin stream. Stir in the lemon juice. When blended, transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and set aside.
- Heat frypan with a dash of oil, then fry eggs. Meanwhile, toast muffins.
- Plate up muffins with ham, top with fried egg then drizzle over sauce.
Mix up this classic by adding slices of avocado to the ham and egg, and a dash of paprika in lieu of salt and pepper.