- Makes 24
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Ideal gifts to make for teachers or loved ones, the kids will have fun helping to make these!
Ingredients (makes 24 cookies approximately)
- 1 lb Plain flour
- 1 level tsp Baking powder
- 4 oz Butter
- 4 oz Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- Pre heat oven to 170 degrees fan forced
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugar then add vanilla and most of the egg – gradually.
- Add the flour mixture and mix to a stiff consistency
- Add the remainder of the egg (some milk may be needed if the mix is too dry) and mix to combine.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly. Roll out and cut shapes.
- Transfer shapes to a baking tray lined with baking paper, and bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until lightly golden
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack, and then decorate with your choice of decorations
Cookies will keep up to a week in an air tight container