This recipe is proudly brought to you by Ingham’s Chicken; partnering with Mouths of Mums to bring you the most family friendly chicken and turkey recipes! Share the Love … cook your family an Ingham’s Chicken dinner tonight.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 2 Medium Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3/4 cup Sherry Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Pinch Sea Salt flakes and freshly ground Pepper
- 1.8kg Ingham's chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 bunch Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch Mint Leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C. Set a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat and cook the spices for 2 minutes, until aromatic. Add 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, onion, carrot garlic and bay leaves and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Put a heavy-based casserole dish over a moderate heat and add the remaining oil. Fry the chicken pieces for 5 minutes, turning several times, until browned. Add the onion mixture, vinegar and sugar, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Once simmering, mix in the raisins then transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the herbs and serve with flatbreads, yoghurt and olives.